Living room, bedroom, kitchen, kids room, and even bathroom – we talk about the intricacies of wall decoration if you choose the popular Scandi.
In the interior of an apartment or house in the style of Scandinavian countries, every detail is important. Especially when it comes to finishing. Paint or wallpaper? Use wood, plaster, or wallpaper as an accent. We answer all questions related to wall decoration in the Scandinavian style.
The living room is the heart of any home or apartment. Not only family members but also guests spend most of their time here. Therefore, many try to highlight the interior so that it reflects the mood and characteristics of the entire apartment.
Scandi always involves calm colors and textures. Bright scarlet metal panels are rare here. However, wall decoration in the Scandinavian style cannot be called boring. The combination of materials is the main technique.
Paint or wallpaper is often chosen as the main coating. The wallpaper is easier to work with, and if you choose the option for painting, then you can change the style more often. There is more hassle with paint: the surface must be perfectly flat.
Light colors are preferable. In this way, you can compensate for the lack of sun that is felt in the northern climate. Choose white and beige tones: milk, ivory, and other bleached shades with a drop of ocher if you like warm colors.
If the room’s windows face south or east, you can experiment with a cold palette, including grayish, pearlescent colors. Natural light will add warmth and comfort.
One of the main principles of this direction is environmental friendliness. Therefore, relying on natural materials as accents is popular today and will be relevant in the next few seasons.
- Wood is a good idea for an accent. These can be figured wooden panels or MDF panels. The main thing is the nature of the product, geometry and natural color are preferred. This Scandinavian-style wall design will make the entire interior not only more comfortable but also more expensive.
- Designer wallpaper is another decor option. We advise you to pay attention to handmade products. One or two rolls for finishing work will not cost so much, but the result will be much more impressive. The gamma and pattern depend on the main design, but floral motifs, animal print, and geometry in light colors will always be relevant.
- If you don’t want to add diversity to the interior, pay attention to plaster and decorative brick. Accent finishing can be done in calm pastel colors, but it will still stand out due to its texture.
Scandinavian style bedroom walls
In the sleeping room, the principles for choosing materials are the same as in the living room. Here, calm colors and “natural” coatings are most often used. In Scandi bedroom design you can find a lot of minimalism. Therefore, you shouldn’t go overboard with the decor. If the headboard of the bed already attracts attention, you can do without an accent wall. And add paintings, potted plants, and a carpet on the floor. Another option is a plain covering behind the headboard. Green, white, brown, gray – choose colors that are close to natural shades.
The choice of materials for this room is determined by the harshness of the environment: high humidity, hot steam, grease, and dirt. The coating should be moisture-resistant and easy to clean.
- You can choose washable wallpaper. But be careful with the choice of print if you are going to use them as the main material. It should be an unobtrusive modern design without monograms and other similar elements.
- It’s easier and safer to choose washable paint. Light, calm tones are suitable.
- To finish the apron, you can use ceramic tiles of any shape and size. Classic squares, scales, boar, and arabesque are suitable – there are no restrictions. Another possible option is artificial or natural stone. But be careful here, it looks good in a more elegant design. That is, the set and dining room group must match.
The choice of building materials for the bathroom is similar to the kitchen. The environment here is also considered harsh, so the finish must be stable.
Tile is the most obvious option. Any shape and size is suitable: from small decorative mosaic tiles to porcelain tiles. But you shouldn’t completely decorate the room in this way. The combination of materials is one of the main principles of a modern interior.
The tiles can be combined with moisture-resistant paint – a classic solution. Or with wallpaper that can be washed. But wallpaper is only suitable for a spacious bathroom, to cover areas located at a sufficient distance from the sink and shower.
As for the color of the walls in a Scandinavian-style bathroom, a light, natural palette is also relevant here. And decorative materials will help add accents: wicker baskets, linen, dried flowers.
Decorating a nursery is a special process. Slightly brighter colors are welcome here than in other rooms: herbaceous, mint, mustard, ocher, navi. But they shouldn’t be too rich. Remember the nobility of the palette.
Scandinavian-style decor will help decorate the walls of the nursery. Use drawings, cards, and printed wallpaper for emphasis. You can experiment with a chalk wall; the owner of the room will certainly appreciate such a feature.
Whatever finishing material you choose: paint, plaster, or wallpaper, look at the safety certificate and the possibility of using it in the nursery.
The most important thing about our Telegram that it is for
those who are in a hurry