Simplicity, dynamics, rational use – modern minimalism in the interior has provided everything for a comfortable life. Let’s figure out how to stylize an apartment, and what to try to avoid, so as not to violate the ideal idea.
Minimalism (English minimalism from the Latin minimus – the smallest) is a direction in design that rejects the classical methods of design and decoration. It is based on laconic simplicity and precisely calibrated details – the foundations of constructivism and functionalism. In its purest form, minimalism involves the use of a neutral palette in natural or imitative materials.
Basic characteristics of modern minimalism in the interior: The predominance of function over decorativeness and quantity. The severity of the lines and the simplicity of the forms. High cost – only materials of the best quality.
The style of minimalism, like any other, has inherent individual characteristics that distinguish it, make it unique. These include: a small number of pieces of furniture; zoning; large windows; placement of cabinets in wall niches; multifunctionality of furniture; absence of patterns, and other decorative elements.
What is the popularity of minimalism? Minimalism is ideal for busy people: surfaces do not require complex care, furniture is hidden, and its placement is safe and convenient. In the modern iteration, this style is suitable for the design of houses and apartments of any layout. And in the interior of small-sized apartments will be a real salvation.
7 Reasons to Love Minimalism
1. Visually increases the space Minimalism has gained great popularity in the interiors of small-sized apartments. Small rooms do not tolerate overload in both quantity and color mixing. The predominance of a restrained range, simple forms and natural lighting visually corrects the space.
2. Rationally uses the area Limited footage does not allow the use of the area of the apartment “idle”. The project is calculated based on the purpose of the objects, it does not matter whether it is furniture or equipment. Functionality, which is at the head of the choice, allows you to get rid of the superfluous and provide a place for the important.
3. Universal for most If you have not yet decided on the style, minimalism will remove most of the questions. The style will fit equally well into city apartments, private houses, cottages or commercial facilities.
4. Get rid of clutter and unnecessary items Competent layout will hide household appliances and get rid of bulky furniture. The motto of minimalism is fewer things. It will be easier to restore order.
5. Recharge emotionally The futuristic interior is devoid of background noise: excessive decor, complex and multifaceted details. It is comfortable to live in such a house, since extra “pictures” in the interior overload emotionally. The brain, without being distracted by visual noise, works more productively, concentrating on the main tasks.
6. Focus on what’s important Combining conscious consumption, the rejection of excesses in favor of functionality, minimalism remains in the trend of design trends. In the world of environmental care, much attention is paid to the main thing – natural materials, their processing and the ability to abandon what you can do without. Minimalism does not welcome hoarding, because initially it plans to purchase only the necessary things.
7. Save money The high cost of finishing materials is fully compensated by the number of interior items. Of course, the design of the apartment in the style of minimalism will cost a certain amount. And here you can not do with materials from the grandmother’s chest of drawers. But these are investments for years – the use of “2 in 1” equipment, transforming furniture – solves several problems at once.