We always like to look at photos of French interiors: chic, stylish, modern, and airy. Check out these decorating techniques and find the perfect balance between Parisian chic and the comfort of your own home.
1. Mix vintage and modern home furnishings French chic in a modern setting is formed when you manage to combine something old with everything new.
2. Transform everyday things into a chic The dining table may look light and minimal during the day, but when guests arrive, it can be transformed into a piece of chic interior thanks to textiles, candles and candelabra, vases, and porcelain tableware.
3. Play with details Two different interior styles that seem to have nothing in common can look amazing in the same room if combined with taste.
4. Between the restoration of the old and the purchase of a new one, choose the first If you manage to find antique furniture that can potentially be restored, use this opportunity, even if the restoration will cost the same amount as buying a new item.
5. Feel free to mix styles Parisian apartments look extraordinary due to the fact that furnishings are not tied to a single style and coexist harmoniously together.
6. Choose the centerpiece of the room And build a composition around it. Study interior magazines and settle on one thing that you like so much that you can’t get it out of your head.
7. Don’t neglect worn furniture In the apartments of Parisians, a relaxed atmosphere reigns, unlike what we usually see in interior magazines.
8. Don’t limit yourself to one color A monochrome interior, made in the same style, is not in the nature of the French. Add a bright detail, play on the contrasts of textures, color accents, and prints – and Paris will settle in your home.