Doing your own interior design can be a daunting task. A few simple ideas will help to refresh and update the space.
1. Light background The easiest way to make the space more inviting is to paint the walls in a light color. The room will look spacious, free, and airy. An up-to-date solution, taking into account the growing interest in minimalism and the enduring popularity of the Scandinavian style. Today, manufacturers offer many “correct” shades of white to avoid the effect of a lifeless, cold space. It is important to check the selected shade in daylight and make sure that in a real interior, it will look as attractive as in a store.
2. More Mirrors Decorative mirrors can brighten up a space, fill an empty space on a wall, and also make a room brighter and if the mirror is large enough or there are many, spacious. Particular attention should be paid to the location of the mirrors, especially in a spacious room: they should reflect natural light. Glass elements that reflect the sun’s rays and light from lamps will help achieve a similar effect.
3. The second life of things Today the topic of sustainable development and conscious consumption is being actively raised. Most of us have quite a few things. And instead of buying new ones, it makes sense to use existing ones differently. stools instead of tables, frames as candlesticks, vintage plates as wall decor, and so on.
4. Personal mix Whatever the interior, the main thing in it is to reflect the individuality of its owner. Designers advise creating a personal “cocktail” of objects and textures: make friends between a grandfather clock and your favorite modern sofa, laconic furniture with bright art. The combination of different colors and patterns will create a cozy and expressive space.
5 . Use carpets Today, a carpet is not only practical but also a trendy piece of furniture. Carpets add warmth and comfort to cool floors, allow you to zone the space, and serve as bright accents. In addition, they are easy to change depending on the mood and season: for example, light in the warm season and dark in the cold. The choice is huge: from Pokémon kilims to unique objects created by famous architects.
6 . Add some greenery Modern housing is seen as a refuge from drab cityscapes and the scarcity of nature. The solution is to fill the interior with living plants that are pleasing to the eye and purify the air. A variety of leaves, stems and buds will enliven the space, adding color and texture. In the absence of time and gardening skills, it is worth choosing unpretentious species that are ready to forgive the lack of care. Or add natural shades and prints to the interior.
7. Order slipcovers Furniture slipcovers are not often found in interiors, but this is quite a practical solution. Firstly, covers on upholstered furniture can be changed depending on the season or wanting to update the interior. Secondly, they will help to combine items into a set, if necessary. And thirdly, they will protect the furniture from damage.
The most important thing about our Instagram that it is for
those who are in a hurry