Whether you’re building a space from the ground up or just renovating, interior trends in 2023 is a great way to get ideas and inspiration for decorating. And while trends shouldn’t dominate the aesthetics of your home, a stylish and timeless look by the end of the renovation is a treat for the eyes and one more reason to invite friends over. We have collected for you trends that will not lose their relevance for a long time.
The trend toward natural materials continues
The last decade has passed under the sign of “minimalism”. We got rid of complex furniture and moved on to simpler, more concise forms. The key is versatility without unnecessary decor and functionality “on the level”. However, in the last couple of years, minimalism is losing ground. The thing is that in the covid era, we began to spend more time at home, and the situation “from the needle” began to seem a little impersonal and uncomfortable. This is where the still current trend in interior design 2023 for tactilely pleasing furniture originates. The focus is on natural texture. It is it who will enliven the space, bringing us closer to the natural habitat.
What natural materials are the most relevant for interior design in 2023?
- Wood is a texture without which it is difficult to imagine a fashionable interior. Designers appreciate this material for its easy combinability with a neutral design, we understand its sustainability and sustainability. It can be a table with solid oak legs, which will warm the concrete walls of the kitchen-living room.
- One of the trends in the interior of 2023 will remain textured fabrics for upholstered furniture. For example, trendy premium quality velour, which harmoniously looks in the upholstery of a bed or an accent armchair.
- In new projects, you will definitely meet leather: The fashion for this material will not go away yet. Leather details create a discreetly elegant effect, reflecting the impeccable taste of the house owners. Choose soft leather for upholstery of fashionable furniture in 2023 – trends in the interior will not advise you badly.
This will no longer be relevant in 2023.
Products from the mass market
The trend in interior design in 2023 for naturalness is simply explained: the current vector for environmental friendliness dictates a more rational and conscious choice, where only high-quality interior items and decor are a priority. Hence the anti-trend – goods from the mass market. Such models are completely short-lived, therefore, they create unnecessary waste in a year, at best, two. Why choose handmade furniture?
- They are more durable. In production, the focus is not on quantity, but on the technical study of each model. It does not become less versatile.
- For each model, you can choose your dimensions and texture. When furniture is acquired as a result of selection and search, the pleasure of its delivery increases several times, it is interesting to live with it and it is pleasant to be in contact with it.
- Small apartments or studios can also acquire their own individual, unique features. All thanks to furniture with the possibility of customizing sizes, for example, aesthetic sofas.
Another consequence of the pandemic is the anti-trend toward open spaces. The house wants privacy and tranquility: even if the kitchen-living room is large enough, the room needs competent zoning so that each family member can do their own thing. Now it is more important to design functional areas “for yourself”, stylish and thoughtful. So, for example, a corner with a comfortable workplace has already become a must-have. The design of functional areas is suitable:
- weightless hanging cabinets instead of a traditional desktop or massive chests of drawers;
- functional accessories – a mirror with a hanger and a hook for a bag;
- compact banquettes on refined wooden legs;
- bar groups – for breakfast or work on the loggia.
The casual chic trend is gaining momentum
In the future, ascetic minimalism will be replaced by casual chic. Painting, photography, and handmade ceramics: the abundance of small things destroys the usual framework for decorating an apartment. Now everyone has the opportunity to reflect on their personal philosophy at the home. Do not try to match a specific style, try to convey the atmosphere of light and creative chaos.
- Models without strict symmetry. For example, modular sofas. Corner, with backless ottomans and even armchairs: put together your perfect combination.
- Textured fabrics with vintage effects. For example, soft, velvety Rollex velour. The material achieves its vintage effect by interspersing thin, lighter stripes. Another option is textured boucle fabric, which is ideal for upholstery of upholstered furniture.
- Mixed wood tones. Scandinavian style has made light wood – the standard of style. However, now designers are leaning toward darker textures and are not afraid to combine them. For the dining table, you can choose toning in walnut, for the coffee table – natural oak, and for the shelving – wenge.
Trendy colors 2023
The era of monochrome is coming to an end: more and more people are turning to more complex tones. There is no reason to be limited to a white and gray palette: warm colors add texture and comfort to the decoration. This does not mean that the repair needs to be completely redone: you can update the color scheme with the help of a new headset.
What colors will be relevant?
- Warm range with brown and pink tones. Remember stalls with bright spices: paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, Himalayan salt… It is these natural shades that will be popular in projects.
- A palette of “spicy honey”: from sandy and woody to rich amber. Such “live” colors will add depth and layering to the atmosphere.
- Carmine red, or Viva Magenta. Pantone’s saturated Color of the Year 2023 is perfect for creative play with accents.
- Warm grey. In its neutral shades, a laconic bed or a round pouffe looks great.
- All sorts of variations of green: muted mint, rich grassy, or olive. The palette goes well with organic fabrics – velour, chenille, or leather.
What furniture to choose in 2023?
The desire for organic and tactile sensations dictates the fashion for furniture. The focus is on Japandi style. This hybrid of minimalism and Scandinavian aesthetics harmonizes perfectly with “casual chic”. To avoid “overload” more restrained forms are needed without unnecessary details. Japandi influences maintain visual balance through complex textures.
What models should you pay attention to?
- sofas. The main thing is aesthetics and functionality.
- Beds. Look for lower models, the headboard is your choice.
- Closed cabinet elements, such as minimalist hanging cabinets.
- Armchairs. The forms are concise, the palette is calm, and the decor is kept to a minimum.
- Dining groups. Table with beveled corners at the top, chairs with solid wood legs.
- Stylish decor. The perfect combination: round pouffes , side tables , wall mirrors and decorative panels with your favorite abstraction.
The most important thing about our Telegram that it is for
those who are in a hurry